For a brief history of how the yeah write community got involved with BlogHer’s NaBloPoMo, click here to read the 2012 introduction to the November challenge.
So here we are again, one year later, ready for 30 straight days of blogging both in our personal spaces and here at yeah write. To participate, you’ll need to add your blog to the November NaBloPoMo blogroll over at BlogHer. Go do that now then come back, thanks!
The badge, the grid, the perk packages
The badge: It wouldn’t be a yeah write event without the badge, the grid and the perk packages. The 2013 badge is over in the sidebar and, for the Inlinkz collection to accept your blog URL, it will need to be installed somewhere on your blog. Doesn’t have to be in every November post. Your own sidebar should do. Maybe on a separate page singing the praises of yeah write. You know, when you write one.
The grid: The grid is open below. Do not add separate posts each day. Add your general blog address (your homepage), making sure you point your readers to your NaBloPoMo 2013 posts using tags or categories.
The perk packages: Thanks to everyone who signed up to offer a perk for completing 30 straight days of blogging. At the end of each week, Fridays at midnight, we will draw two random winners, one for a yeah write book bundle and one for a perk offered by a NaBloPoMo participant. Click here for the list of perks. and let us know if you have something you’d like to donate!
Eligibility for perk packages
- You must be a yeah write subscriber by the time of that week’s drawing, Fridays at noon (U.S. eastern time)
- You must have written and published an entry every day for that week from Friday at 12:01 a.m. (your local time) to Thursday at 11:59 p.m. (your local time)
- “Every day” means “every individual day,” not seven posts crammed into two days or whatnot
- You must be willing to provide your perk donor a mailing address for shipping. International restrictions may apply (especially if your donor isn’t willing to pay 45.00 USD to ship a box of cookies, but you never know)
The writing guidelines for 2013 NaBloPoMo at yeah write
- Beginning November 1, write a blog post every day for the month of November
- It doesn’t have to be a long post. A quote or photo will count
- There are no prompts, no word limits. Team Nano Poblano over at Rarasaur will be following suggested prompts and BlogHer may also provide a few if you need them
- Every day includes weekends, Hanukkah, American Thanksgiving and any other bank holidays or religious holidays you may observe
- “Day” means between midnight and 11:59 p.m. your local time
- No commercial blogs. Those and any other posts designed to sell stuff to our readers will be removed
- Miss a day of writing? Don’t beat yourself up over it. The grid will still be here for you to read, write and comment. Write a new post when you can. The perk package random drawing clock resets each Friday at midnight U.S. eastern time
The 2013 NaBloPoMo at yeah write muy grande perk package for those who survive the entire 30 days without missing a day
On December 1, we will host a random drawing for all yeah write subscribers who blogged each and every day for the 30 days in November. One random subscriber will receive:
- A basket of your favorite non-perishable goodies from Trader Joe’s donated by yeah write editor Stacie (photos of baskets in promotional graphic are representative, not the actual baskets)
- The inspirational The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Stone Zander donated by yeah write editor Erica
- The yeah write editor classic book bundle of Stephen King’s On Writing and Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird
- The yeah write editor new book bundle The Great American Short Stories, The Great American Essays and The Great American Non-Required Reading
As long as you’re a subscriber by November 30, and you’re willing to provide yeah write with your mailing address AND you didn’t miss a day, you’re eligible for the muy grande perk package random drawing. Subscribe now if you haven’t already so you won’t forget.
Oh, and don’t forget about the yeah write weekly challenge grids opening each Tuesday!
We’ll still be hosting the yeah write weekly writing challenges. If you’re planning to compete on the challenge grid as well as NaBloPoMo, we are suggesting you use your Tuesday or Wednesday challenge grid post as that day’s NaBloPoMo post. If you can write two in one day, go for it, but we’ll still be moderating challenge grid entries for our standard submission guidelines. All challenge grid posts are NaBloPoMo posts, but not all NaBlopoMo posts are challenge grid posts. Yeah write #133 weekly challenge grid is open in Tuesday’s post.
The 2013 BlogHer’s NaBloPoMo at yeah write grid is open right here…