It’s always nice to see you.
It’s a really weird thing to be away from a space for a while and then to come back to it. Sometimes I feel like I need to make a grand entrance, screaming things like, “Here I am! Look at me!” and hope that no one forgot about me when I was gone. The other side of me feels I should slip in quietly, easing my way back to something that truthfully runs just fine whether I’m around or I’m not.
Writing doesn’t need to be that way. The page doesn’t know how long you’re gone or what you did while you were away and it doesn’t care. It’s there waiting when you’re ready like nothing changed.
We’re sort of like that here at yeah write, too. We’re here waiting for your best writing, your meticulously crafted story, or your superb personal essay. We’ll go on without you if you can’t make it one week (or 12) but we’ll welcome you back when you’re ready and we’ll be glad to see you again.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
What did you find there?
This optional prompt, which also serves as the ultimate question for our micro challenge opening Wednesday, is here to serve as your inspiration for your nonfiction submission. Already have your own story thought up? No problem! The prompt is only there if you need it.
Want more info?
Is this your first time here? Check out Sunday’s post which kicked off the week here at yeah write. If you don’t think you can remember to check back every Sunday, you can sign up for our email blasts directly to your inbox.
How to submit and fully participate in the challenge
1. In the sidebar of this week’s post, please grab the code beneath the nonfiction badge and paste it into the HTML view of your entry
2. Follow the Inlinkz instructions after clicking “add your link” to upload your entry to this week’s challenge grid
3. Your entry should appear immediately on the grid if you don’t receive an error message
4. Please make the rounds to read all the entries in this week’s challenge
5. Consider turning off moderated comments and CAPTCHA on your own blog
This summer, all our grids are unmoderated which means all submissions meeting the basic guidelines will be published Thursday on yeah write. Those entries will be open to a popular vote with the winner celebrated on Friday.
Thank you for sharing with us your hard work! Good luck in the challenge…[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]