Are you a writer who blogs or a blogger who writes?
At yeah write, we actually don’t care. You can be the more introverted, cerebral writer who submits your posts to us each week, or you can be the more natural marketer, the blogger, who makes sure to get eyes on the page. As long as you tell a good story, we are good.
Since it’s the summer, we are leaving it to your judgement what makes a good story. As long as your essay or mostly true story meets our submission guidelines, you’ll make it to the vote on Thursday. But that shouldn’t mean the weekly challenges become repositories for your first drafts, your unedited pieces. You’re still obligated to read them aloud, sounding out those awkward and choppy phrases. The story should still have an ebb and flow. You should have a reason for telling the story that goes beyond “it happened to me, and I have a laptop.”
Once you’re ready to tell it, we’re ready to read it. Good luck in the vote this week![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
What did you do last night?
This optional prompt is here to serve as your inspiration for your nonfiction submission. Already have your own story thought up? No problem! The prompt is only there if you need it.
Want more info?
Is this your first time here? Check out Sunday’s post which kicked off the week here at yeah write. If you don’t think you can remember to check back every Sunday, you can sign up for our email blasts directly to your inbox.
How to submit and fully participate in the challenge
1. In the sidebar of this week’s post, please grab the code beneath the nonfiction badge and paste it into the HTML view of your entry
2. Follow the Inlinkz instructions after clicking “add your link” to upload your entry to this week’s challenge grid
3. Your entry should appear immediately on the grid if you don’t receive an error message
4. Please make the rounds to read all the entries in this week’s challenge
5. Consider turning off moderated comments and CAPTCHA on your own blog
This summer, all our grids are unmoderated which means all submissions meeting the basic guidelines will be published Thursday on yeah write. Those entries will be open to a popular vote with the winner celebrated on Friday.
Thank you for sharing with us your hard work! Good luck in the challenge…[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]