Reading in my brain.
How long has it been since you’ve read a book you just can’t put down? You know, that one book in thirty that makes you stay up all night to find out the next earth-shattering event or beautifully written moment. It always seems like something huge is waiting for you to turn the page.
My “Days Since the Last Tremendous Read” scoreboard reset to zero last night. I was up till 4 am. I was thrashing, I was sobbing. It was like that scene in the movie Bridget Jones’ Diary when she’s alone on the couch with a bottle of wine and lip syncing “All By Myself.” Only, you know, in my brain.
When I finally put the book down, I couldn’t sleep. I was all “HOW DID SHE DO THAT?” She made it look so simple; but we all know there’s days of work hiding in between the pages.
Oh! The book is The Magician’s Assistant by Ann Patchett. And a major theme of the novel happens to be this week’s optional prompt:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
O, brother, where art thou?
This optional prompt is here to serve as your inspiration for your nonfiction submission. Already have your own story thought up? No problem! The prompt is only there if you need it.
Want more info?
Is this your first time here? Check out Sunday’s post which kicked off the week here at yeah write. If you don’t think you can remember to check back every Sunday, you can sign up for our email blasts directly to your inbox.
How to submit and fully participate in the challenge
1. In the sidebar of this week’s post, please grab the code beneath the nonfiction badge and paste it into the HTML view of your entry
2. Follow the Inlinkz instructions after clicking “add your link” to upload your entry to this week’s challenge grid
3. Your entry should appear immediately on the grid if you don’t receive an error message
4. Please make the rounds to read all the entries in this week’s challenge
5. Consider turning off moderated comments and CAPTCHA on your own blog
This summer, all our grids are unmoderated which means all submissions meeting the basic guidelines will be published Thursday on yeah write. Those entries will be open to a popular vote with the winner celebrated on Friday.
Thank you for sharing with us your hard work! Good luck in the challenge…[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]