Ring in the new year with yeah write
Although it’s a holiday week yet again, yeah write is still going strong. For the 48-hour stretch that the 142nd challenge will be open for submissions, exactly half will be in 2013 and the other half will be in 2014. I have a thing for symmetry, so this makes me happier than it probably should.
Whether you’re here as a reader, submitter, commenter or all of the above, we’re glad to have you and we thank you for your continued support. If you like what you see, spread the word. If you see a writer who would be a good fit for what we do here, encourage him or her to submit. We are always looking to grow our community of writers who blog and bloggers who write.
A small holiday note
Your yeah write editors will not be accessible this week by email. We’re hoping there will be zero technical issues and, if there are issues, we’re hoping for zero stress about it. Please try our Twitter and Facebook communities for help if you get stuck. Someone there will be happy to help you figure it all out.
Thursday at midnight EST [- 5 GMT], the grid will close to submissions and open for voting. Return to this post to vote: there will be no formal post announcement about it and no mailer. Click the voting icon for each of your five favorites and, once you refresh the page, the current vote tally for each will show beneath the thumbnails. The crowd favorite will be announced in a short post on Friday. Open comments and season’s greetings! Please feel free to live in this week’s comment sections for holiday writing advice, tips for dealing with family gatherings and spreading some all-around good cheer. Thanks for being here with us week after week. Be safe in your travels, both near and far.
Odds, ends, reminders
- The badge you will need to add to your planned submission is over in the sidebar
- This immediate past Sunday is the earliest your submission can be dated
- Your post can be no longer than 600 words
- Personal essays or traditional blog anecdotes only
- There are no weekly prompts; the topic is yours. Be compelling
- The grid is open from Tuesday at 12:01 a.m. to Wednesday at 11:59 p.m.
- There is voting. Voting will take place Thursday from midnight to 10:00 p.m. US eastern
- The challenge grid is limited to 50 bloggers
- The winners’ post will be published by noon on Friday
- No self-promotional posts are allowed on the yeah write grid, including those containing links to other blog events and Internet contests
Yeah write #142 is open…