First time here at yeah write?
Welcome! We are here for your personal essays and your traditional blog anecdotes of about 500 words plus 100 words grace if you need them. We love well-crafted stories revealing a snapshot of everyday life. We are also an open community and you are welcome to join it at any time by submitting to the weekly writing challenge, commenting on posts already on the challenge grid or by subscribing to our weekly email blast. Tell your friends. The more writers and bloggers we have, the better the community and competitive spirit. It is, as we say around here, a win-win.
Open submissions for the holiday week
For those of you spending time with your families and friends today and tomorrow, we thank you for taking the time to spend a few minutes with yeah write.
For those of you just kind of hanging out by yourselves looking for community spirit on the Web here and in other spaces, you’re our kind of people. Kick back in your jammies, order some Chinese food and enjoy whatever may appear on the grid.
Your yeah write editors will not be accessible this week by email. We’re hoping there will be zero technical issues and, if there are issues, we’re hoping for zero stress about it. Please try our Twitter and Facebook communities for help if you get stuck. Someone there will be happy to help you figure it all out.
Thursday at midnight EST [- 5 GMT], the grid will close to submissions and open for voting. Return to this post to vote: there will be no formal post announcement about it and no mailer. Click the voting icon for each of your five favorites and, once you refresh the page, the current vote tally for each will show beneath the thumbnails. The crowd favorite will be announced in a short post on Friday.
Open comments and season’s greetings!
Please feel free to live in this week’s comment sections for holiday writing advice, tips for dealing with family gatherings and spreading some all-around good cheer. Thanks for being here with us week after week. Be safe in your travels, both near and far.
Odds, ends, reminders
- The badge you will need to add to your planned submission is over in the sidebar
- This immediate past Sunday is the earliest your submission can be dated
- Your post can be no longer than 600 words
- Personal essays or traditional blog anecdotes only
- There are no weekly prompts; the topic is yours. Be compelling
- The grid is open from Tuesday at 12:01 a.m. to Wednesday at 11:59 p.m.
- There is voting. Voting will take place Thursday from midnight to 10:00 p.m. US eastern
- The challenge grid is limited to 50 bloggers
- The winners’ post will be published by noon on Friday
- No self-promotional posts are allowed on the yeah write grid, including those containing links to other blog events and Internet contests