Welcome to this week’s writing challenge
If you have a well-told personal essay or traditional blog anecdote to share with us, and it’s no longer than 600 words, please feel free to join us for our friendly little writing competition. Check out our FAQ and other details on our how yeah write works page. If this is your first time jumping in and you have a few questions, please email us and we’ll help start you on your way.
Celebrating friend of yeah write Bill Dameron and his inclusion in the lit journal The Saranac Review
Bill Dameron, still giddy over his yeah write #128 weekly writing challenge crowd favorite win, has offered this week’s top winner a copy of The Saranac Review, the annual lit journal publishing his very first non-digital piece. If we hit 30 or more on the challenge grid, opening up editors’ picks and the jury prize, Bill’s copy will go to the jury prize winner and yeah write will donate a copy to the crowd favorite. If we end up with crowd favorite only, that winner will receive Bill’s copy of the journal.
Prize week eligibility
- Jury prize winner must be a current yeah write subscriber as of the end of this week’s voting period
- Crowd favorite winner must be a current yeah write subscriber as of the end of this week’s voting period
- Open to U. S. and Canada residents willing to supply yeah write editors their postal addresses for shipping
Looking for the fiction slam and poetry jam?
If you’re a poet or a fiction writer, there is a challenge grid just for you over at the speakeasy. Please head on over and check it out. If you have the inclination, you can participate on both grids, however please be sure you’ll have the time to read all of the entries and vote responsibly.
Odds, ends, reminders
- This immediate past Sunday is the earliest your submission can be dated
- Your post can be no longer than 600 words
- Personal essays or traditional blog anecdotes only
- There are no weekly prompts; the topic is yours. Be compelling
- The grid is open from Tuesday at 12:01 a.m. to Wednesday at 11:59 p.m.
- There is voting. Voting will take place Thursday from midnight to 10:00 p.m. US eastern
- The challenge grid is limited to 50 bloggers
- The winners’ post will be published by noon on Friday
- No self-promotional posts are allowed on the yeah write grid, including those containing links to other blog events and Internet contests
Welcome to the 2013 fall writing season at yeah write weekly writing challenge
Yeah write #129 is open. Bring us your best stuff.