Yeah write site redesign
Did you notice? We’ve made a few changes around here to streamline your visits to our site. We’ve updated the how yeah write works page, placed the weekly email blast subscription form directly onto the sidebar, and installed a “contact us” page. Whenever you get a free moment, we’d love for you to click through. Is this your first time here? Feel free to have a look around and, if you get lost, please email us for better directions. We’d love to help.
Fall writing challenge season kicks off Sunday, September 8
It’s been a very busy summer here at yeah write. We welcomed 3,500 new visitors from May until the end of August and entertained about 8,000 unique visitors. We averaged a new subscriber every single day to our weekly email blast and, during the month of July, blogged about blogging for 31 days on our way to building better blogs for our participating writers. The challenge grids hosted 382 submissions with more than 11,000 views and 14,000 clicks through to all the blogs.
And that’s with half our writers on vacation.
This upcoming challenge season will bring cross-promotions with booksellers who love how we promote reading above all else along with the craft of writing for an online audience. We award outstanding writing. The prizes begin with the invitational grid, and trickle their way down to the crowd favorite and random challenge grid bloggers.
What can you do to get ready?
- Read and review the updated how yeah write works page
- Keep handy this partially tongue-in-cheek, yet pretty accurate checklist detailing where you may go wrong on your quest to make the invitational grid
- Become a yeah write supporting subscriber, making you eligible for all kinds of editing perks
- Mind map original post ideas; be creative
- Stick to the word count of no more than 600
- Read some books, then read some more books, then, maybe, a few others
- Read your post aloud several times. Getting confused somewhere in your narrative? Rewrite, rewrite, rewrite. Then edit
- Proofread for grammar and spelling errors
- Most of all, tell us a good story. Starting today
Odds, ends, reminders
- This immediate past Sunday is the earliest your submission can be dated
- Your post can be no longer than 600 words
- Personal essays or traditional blog anecdotes only
- There are no weekly prompts; the topic is yours. Be compelling
- The grid is open from Tuesday at 12:01 a.m. to Wednesday at 11:59 p.m.
- There is voting. Voting will take place Thursday from midnight to 10:00 p.m. US eastern
- The challenge grid is limited to 50 bloggers
- The winners’ post will be published by noon on Friday
- No self-promotional posts are allowed on the yeah write grid, including those containing links to other blog events and Internet contests
Yeah write #124 is open…