Yeah write #88 weekly writing challenge grid is completely open
It’s the holidays, and we’re celebrating by letting you write want you want, how you want as long as you tell us a pretty good story. For the next three weeks, there will be no moderation queue, no Flood love letters, no waiting for hours for your post to appear on the grid. Just the way you like it. Grab your badge in the sidebar.
Fiction or poetry? You’re over at the speakeasy.
Grab your opening line from today’s post at the speakeasy and figure out how to incorporate the provided photo into your fiction or poetry work. It’s a small, fun bunch over there. Please stop by.
Editor picks and jury prize will return in January
For the next three weeks, the prize will be through a winner-takes-all popular vote. No editor picks, no jury prize, but you guys will have a good ol’ time reading each other’s blog posts all week then voting for your favorites on Thursday with the yellow star click.
Some open grid reminders
- Watch your post length. Your peers affecting the popular vote could have up to 50 blogs to read in a very short time. Keeping that in mind, about 500 words should just about do it. Well-told stories don’t get caught in the rambles
- Bring us your best stuff. Don’t take up a spot on the limited challenge grid with a post submitted just so you can grab a spot. Before we start drinking, we can tell the difference between best stuff and grabbing-a-spot stuff, so just in case we get to your post before cocktail hour, make sure it’s an outstanding effort
- Please read and understand the guide to writing a winning yeah write post. Click around the winners archive. That’ll show you the yeah write way
- Don’t bury the lede. Get to the point early and often. There is no such thing as a 500-word introduction
- Don’t submit your own promotional or commercial posts. There are so many wonderful sites out there that exist for you to promote your sponsored awesomeness. This is a writing challenge that promotes your writing awesomeness
Having problems adding your submission?
Make sure your post is badged. Make sure the backlink is the permalink to this post you’re reading. If you’re still unable to get the Inlinkz app to accept your post, please tweet @inlinkz and Aris will be happy to help you figure it out.
Look over in the upper right sidebar! An entire list of “quick links” just for you.
Yeah write #88 is open, open, open…