Another week of open submissions
For the final week of November, we will continue open submissions. Post what you want within the yeah write guidelines. There will be no editor picks, no jury prize, no spreadsheets. It’s winner take all as the crowd favorite with voters clicking the infamous yellow stars under each thumbnail. Have fun.
Some open grid reminders
- Watch your post length. Your peers affecting the popular vote could have up to 50 blogs to read in a very short time. Keeping that in mind, about 500 words should just about do it. Well-told stories don’t get caught in the rambles
- Bring us your best stuff. Don’t take up a spot on the limited challenge grid with a post submitted just so you can grab a spot. Before we start drinking, we can tell the difference between best stuff and grabbing-a-spot stuff, so just in case we get to your post before cocktail hour, make sure it’s an outstanding effort
- Please read and understand the guide to writing a winning yeah write post. Click around the winners archive. That’ll show you the yeah write way
- Don’t bury the lede. Get to the point early and often. There is no such thing as a 500-word introduction
- Don’t submit your own promotional or commercial posts. There are so many wonderful sites out there that exist for you to promote your sponsored awesomeness. This is a writing challenge that promotes your writing awesomeness
If you’re writing fiction or poetry, your gig is over at Flood’s speakeasy. The community spirit of yeah write floats between both grids, and I thank everyone who’s contributed to that spirit for the past year or so, whether at the speakeasy or at the old hangout grid.
Having problems adding your submission?
Make sure your post is badged. Make sure the backlink is the permalink to this post you’re reading. If you’re still unable to get the Inlinkz app to accept your post, please tweet @inlinkz and Aris will be happy to help you figure it out.
Look over in the upper right sidebar! An entire list of “quick links” just for you. If you’re looking for this week’s optional photo prompt, it’s here in Sunday’s post.
Yeah write #85 is open, open, open…