For those of you who missed all the excitement last week, we experienced an epiphany here at yeah write:
- we really didn’t like having 75 blogs on one grid
- there are some people who want to read and be read without the pressure of competing for judges’ approval or community votes
So we split the grid into two: the challenge grid which is at the bottom of this post right here and the hangout grid which is at the bottom of the post over there. The challenge grid is the same one you’ve ever known if you’ve been part of yeah write for two weeks or more. The very first hangout grid surprised everyone last week with its popularity and how well it maintained the spirit of community we’re so well known for here at yeah write. We ended yeah write #55 with 50 blogs on the challenge grid and 33 on the hangout for a total of 83 blogs, the most ever in the modern history of yeah write.
Bloggers traveled back and forth between the two grids and some uber-readers read all 50 on the challenge grid PLUS most of the 33 on the hangout. I bow down to that, guys. Thanks for making yeah write what it is: the most supportive place on the Interwebs for blogging writers and writing bloggers.
Quick reminder of the difference between the two grids:
- Limited to 50 bloggers, can close within 12 hours of opening
- Opens for voting on Thursday at 9 p.m. US eastern time
- In the interest of fair voting, when you add your post to the challenge grid, you’re committing to reading all other entries on the grid
- Awards editor’s choice, lurkers’ favorites and popular vote winners
- Awards random prizes
- Unlimited number of bloggers
- There’s no voting, no merit awards, no performance anxiety
- Read all you can, we’ll read the rest
- The grid handles its own social media (this was done so well during its inauguration week)
- Open for submissions throughout the weekend, closing Sunday
- If your yeah write hangout post is linked to other blog events, Erica M will not be as stabby as she will be if it lands on the challenge grid
Yeah write #56 challenge grid is open right here.
The yeah write #55 challenge grid has now closed at 50 blogs. Please consider grabbing a “hanging out” button from the sidebar to join the wonderful bloggers on the hangout grid.