Happy Tuesday, everybody!
If this is your first time here, welcome! Please take a moment to read the yeah write FAQ and the guide to writing a winning yeah write post. Even if you’re not here necessarily for the competition portion of our program, the second link is also designed as a guide to writing a pretty good blog post. I’d love for you to read them both before linking up so you’ll know what you’re getting yourself into. Then grab a button from the sidebar—it contains the code you’ll need to add to your post before clicking the blue button to submit it. We’re glad you’re here.
If you’re returning to yeah write for the second or third time, welcome back! I’m glad you had enough fun with us the first time around to bring you here once again. Just in case you missed it, yeah write can be found on Twitter @yhwriteme even though I occasionally use my @freefringes account to get the word out to a larger group of followers.
For you old heads: I acknowledge how much of a challenge it can be to read and fully participate in the yeah write process with 75 blogs on the grid. This is why it’s called a writing challenge. Because it challenges you. It starts Tuesday and ends Thursday and, like the Boston marathon, comes complete with heart palpitations and the need for constant hydration.
Do your best to hit all the blogs so you’ll know who to vote for on Thursday. Don’t kill yourself to do it, but neither should you blow us off if you’ve taken a spot on the grid. Taking into consideration a healthy home-life-work-blog balance, some weeks just will not be your week to link up. I say this not out of crankiness, but out of realism mixed with a side salad of talking lollipop donkey pants. We will always love readers, commenters and voters who are not on the grid, yet who are enthusiastically participating in the yeah write awesomeness.
Sometimes, I have to give periodic reminders for certain guidelines that may get lost in the excitement shuffle. Bear with if you know these by heart or if you have them tattooed on your left thigh. Please take good notes if you do not (your tattoo artist will appreciate them)
- You must have a link to today’s post already inserted into the link you’re planning to add to the grid before you try to submit it. This backlink can either be the permalink to this post or a coded super cool button badge found in the sidebar of the post
- The grid is limited to 75 spots. If the post you’re planning to link has already been linked to several other blog events, please consider linking with us an original post
- Add personal posts only, please: no commercial, giveaway, sponsored or otherwise promotional posts are allowed on the grid. Never ever link to your own linkup
- If you keep getting error messages and your post is coded correctly, please send a help tweet @inlinkz and Aris will be happy to help you figure out what’s going on. Why you guys insist on running into problems after I’ve gone to sleep for the night, I’ll never know
- Please tell us a story in your yeah write post. Whether funny or tear-jerky told with words and/or photos, please give us a beginning, middle and end with a central conflict that is resolved before the story ends. Be mindful of your rhythm, pace and tone, and keep it simple—superfluous adjectives and adverbs are the devil’s handiwork
- Bring us your best stuff. Check out the past few winners’ posts for excellent examples. To become a better writer is to become a prolific reader, and we’ve got plenty of good reads just for you
Yeah write #53 is open. Welcome to Year Two.