I kinda miss my personal blog. It’s on life support from a malicious hacking, and I just haven’t taken the time to resurrect it. Sometimes, I wanna tell you guys stuff in this space, then I remember: oh, yeah, they’re here for the most awesome collection of posts from writers who blog and bloggers who write, not for my angsty or celebratory ramblings.
guest post and blog redesign
So I guess I’d better get free fringes back up and running pretty soon. In the meantime, if you haven’t already visited me at Just Jennifer’s TGIGO (thank god it’s going okay) guest series, please head on over for a brief peek behind the curtain. Also, if you’ve been wondering why Q and I have been trying so hard to redesign your blog, go look at MannaHatta Mamma for a sample of our handiwork. Q’s header is stunning and Deb is completely enjoying the freedom that comes with white space and readable text.
yeah write superfecta challenge
Now that Q is on his leave of absence from being a lurking writing challenge judge, we have two wonderful people who have stepped up to acknowledge your awesomeness. Each Friday, the winners’ post will list the favorites from me as editor’s choice, Flood as lurker’s favorite, Emma as lurker’s favorite, to-be-announced wonderful person as lurker’s favorite, popular vote, and comment karma. You would need to win editor’s choice, two lurkers’ favorites, popular vote and comment karma in five consecutive weeks without taking a break in your linking up to be eligible for a complete blog makeover design. It’s an offer into the perpetuity of yeah write.
quick tips for a winning yeah write post
- watch your post length—think short essay
- don’t leave your readers hanging—how did the conflict end?
- get to the point early and often; there’s no such thing as a 500-word intro
- show sympathy or empathy for all of your characters, even the jerky mean ones
- have a beginning, middle and end
- remember: good stories can be told with words, photos or illustrations
quick tips for helping us maintain a TGIGO grid
- we are back to limited spaces, so if your post has already had its moment of glory with other linkups, please consider linking an original post to the grid
- please do not link to your own link up
- one post for each blogger for now
- visit as many of the other posts on the grid as your schedule will allow
- if you have time to visit, like, only two other blogs on the grid, please consider leaving a spot for someone who, well, you know, has more time
- join the conversation on the ones you like
Holy moly, thanks to you guys who’ve stuck with yeah write for a whole year and to those of you who plan on being around for the next one. Yeah write #52 is open.